tagline text

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Battle of the Bolero

After some very tense moments during the ripping back process, I have now made progress on the bolero. It was pretty ugly-going for a while, and I was starting to think I was going to just have to start the whole thing over. Thankfully I fought the good fight and came out on top. Victory is mine.

Can I tell you how much I'm enjoying this pattern? It's so simple to memorize, but it's not at all boring. I love how it's looking already... and I know it will look much better once the lace portion is larger. Right now it's kind of all smooshed up, but when I spread it out, it looks awesome.

I'm already thinking about who else I can make one for. The way the pattern is written, it's customizeable to any size, and that's a huge bonus if you ask me.

Here's the bolero thus far:
I love the colour, and although I'm not even remotely a shrug-type garment wearning kind of person, I honestly can't wait until I can wear this.

0 comments: