tagline text

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A time-turner and the philosopher's stone

I have come to the realization that in order to actually knit everything I have queued at Ravelry, have printed out from various web sites, or have just doodled up on my own, I would need to seriously rework my life.

First off, I wouldn't be able to take care of my kids anymore. I wouldn't be able to do housework. Or eat. Or bathe. Or speak to anyone. Or sleep.

Oh, and I'd need to live until the age of approximately 317.

Nothin' to it.

If only the items J.K. Rowling has dreamed up in her books existed. I'd be set.

The bolero is coming along well. I think I'm about half done. I had a close call last night when I got a little cocky about my memorization of the lace pattern, and skipped a stitch. Oops. Thankfully I caught it and was able to knit backwards along and fix my boo boo. I have now put a lifeline through just in case. Crisis averted.

I have discovered, though, that I now find myself staring off into space daydreaming about lace patterns. Me. Lace. It's shocking to say the least. But, I have realized lace need not be dainty. Oh no. Lace does, however, need to be knit. By me. Now.

Is there such a thing as a lace dictionary somewhere online, where someone like me can look through a bunch of lace patterns, and dream up items I may want to make using them?

'Cause, you know... a few more things added to my knitting to-do list can't hurt.

0 comments: