tagline text

Monday, April 14, 2008

Got sleep?

I have been way too busy to get here to post anything that makes any sort of sense. Poor Little Monkey has been sick since about Wednesday, and as much as he's handling it very well, his whole little world is all off kilter. Naps are being taken at unusual times, meals are being picked at, and drool and mucus is abundant.

Last night he decided to revert back to about 3-month-old tactics, and woke me up. At 3:30am. Good god, I can't handle that anymore. That was over. Chapter closed. The ship had sailed. All that. Yet, there I was, middle of the night with an admittedly adorable sleep-stealer in my arms in the kitchen.

I had intended to post some amusing anecdotes here today. And mention the bolero. It's been done for a while, now, but I just didn't get around to posting pics or commenting on it. I've finished the back of my delicious orange-coloured 'Sesame' sweater. I took a picture. I was going to post it. But now I'm not.

Why?

Because I'm too flipping tired, that's why. But it will come. Maybe later on, after the coffee IV drip jolts me into mental awakeness I'll come back and post my little fingers off. Maybe.

In the meantime I will say this. Lace was fun to knit. For sure. Do I like the end result? Yes... but not for me, personally. I have, however, realized I really love Fair Isle knitting. All else seems boring in comparison, now. And while I would never wear a sweater done in Fair Isle, I am definitely dreaming of really great mittens and hats and socks (oh my!) I could work some great colourwork on.

Almost makes me wish it was autumn again. Almost.

0 comments: