tagline text

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pictures, I've got pictures...

...I've got stacks and stacks of pictures. PICTURES!

Ok, so I'm no Paul Schaffer.

So, pictures. I got 'em. (Though, only a few - not stacks.) They're not great or anything, but they're more interesting than miles and miles of plain ol' text.

I mentioned I had finished the bolero. I did. I'll likely never, ever wear it. It's just not me. Now, in all honesty, I knew that from the get go. But I wanted to knit it. For the fun of it. I had been basically knitting exclusive stockinette stitch in the days and weeks leading up to the start of the bolero. I needed something with different stitches - like ssk, YO and K2tog. Needed them.

Here it is. If I knew someone else built like Olive Oyl I'd gladly part with it.

In other knitting fun, as mentioned in my previous post, I recently tried my hand at some Fair Isle knitting. And I didn't do too badly. At least that's my opinion. I certainly did a better job at it than I can do at, say, dancing. Have you seen Elaine's dance? She's got nothin' on me.

This was my first attempt. I stole the pattern from Eunny Jang, I believe. I just looked for a link to it, but I can't find it. Damn. I'll try again later and add the link in if I can manage to locate it. I think it's lovely in it's simplicity.

This is now a baby bib. I love the colours, 'cause I'm cheesy like that.

This was a pattern taken from a book of Fair Isle patterns. I'm assuming it's probably a pretty classic design. I have since knit an equal sized square in stockinette, and attached it to the backside of this - therefore creating a sort of trivet. I like it very much - even if some of the stitches are actually kinda uneven.

And lastly, here is the completed back of the Sesame sweater. I'd link to the pattern, but it was hosted on MagKnits, and as you may or may not know, MagKnits is no longer. Which means unless the patterns turn up hosted elsewhere, they are gone, gone, gone. Unfortunate.

I'm now half-way through one of the front panels of Sesame, as well. I would have been much further along, but I got sidetracked by the Fair Isle, as well as making some basic baby bibs.

This is not a very accurate picture of the colour of the yarn, but it's pretty close. It's not quite as reddish as it appears in this photo.

And that's it for pictures. As a completely unrelated foot-note? Did anyone see American Idol last night? I have said from the beginning that David Cook should win the whole thing. And, as much as I have no frickin' clue what any Mariah Carey songs are, I'm pretty certain that what David Cook did last night was a huuuuuuuge change from the original. The guy's a genius. I love him. I think he's great, and he should win. Period.

0 comments: