tagline text

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sometimes I eavesdrop

I have decided to give myself some time to escape from the usual 'mom duties'. I've barricaded myself in my daughter's room (henceforth known as bookworm), and have commandeered her computer.

I've been enjoying a few minutes of not being interrupted. Not having to stop the moment my one year old son (aka Little Monkey) wakes from his nap, whether I was in the middle of something or not.

Very nice. I guess this is what life was like B.C. (Before Children) I wouldn't know, since apparently I'm so old I can't even remember back that far. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying that time is one of those things you never seem to have enough of when you have kids. Of course, that also means the reason you have no time is because your life is so overflowing with goodness and joy and mirth that you simply cannot spare any time. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

So, I was sitting here enjoying my moment of solitude, sprucing up my little blog, when I overheard the following conversation from the living room:

-----
Setting: Mr. Operandi (my hubby) and bookworm were tucking away some of Little Monkey's toys so as to lessen the 'war zone' look of our place

Mr. Operandi: Did you just put the knitted toys into the drawers?
Bookworm: Yeah
Mr. Operandi: No, keep those out, he likes those... put the other crap in the drawers.
-----

And I thought the goodness of the knit toys went completely unnoticed. I feel all warm and fuzzy, now. Maybe in this delirium I can negotiate some more yarn to add my my stash.

I mean, it's for the children.

0 comments: