tagline text

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Obligatory introductory post

So here it is... the dawn of yet another blog. Another blogger facing the vast openness of the blogosphere and forced with the pressure of saying something interesting.

Well you know what? I'm not gonna do it. I'm not. I will not bow to the expectations placed upon me. Interesting? Bah! It's for weaklings. For those who are too ashamed or worried about starting off with Boring.

So what can I tell you about myself that's completely uninteresting?

I'm a mom of two. We're of the learn-at-home ilk. I knit. I love music. I have a snaggletooth that I love. I still have a baby tooth. My favourite colour is orange. (Ok, maybe that's interesting in a psychological analysis kind of way.) I wear glasses and I cherish every moment I wear them. Why? Well, I don't wear makeup, and I figure the glasses are my way of making my face less boring. (It's a tough job.)

What can you expect from this blog? Whatever you want... just don't blame me when I don't live up to your expectations - you would have brought that on yourself by placing lofty (and frankly completely unreasonable) demands on me. Really, you oughta be ashamed of yourself!

I'm snarky and sarcastic. I can have a caustic sense of humour. I can be so utterly self-deprecating that you will weep at the thought of my delicate fragile self being damaged by my alter-ego. Weep. Get the tissues out.

I'll post about anything and everything, and hopefully you'll be amused. And if not? I'm cool with that. That's why your browser has that handy dandy red 'x' in that top corner.

But please, don't leave me. I couldn't take the abandonment.

1 comments:

Shan said...

Just deflowering your comment section.

I'm gonna have to look up 'snaggletooth' now.