tagline text

Monday, August 25, 2008

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

I've been on a knitting rampage. I currently have about four projects on the go, I just finished one that wasn't even on the knitting "agenda", and I have at least three more ideas brewing in the ol' noggin.

The project that butt ahead in line is currently in the washing machine, but I'll take a picture of it later and post it. Mr, Operandi says that if I wear it in public, he will stand nowhere within distance of being associated with me. So, mental note: make a shirt that says "I'm with him --->" on it. I happen to like what I knit, but then again, I'm the person that gets "this is ugly, jen, I bet you'd love it" said to them frequently while out shopping. I like unique, what can I say.

Speaking of making shirts, I made a shirt a couple of years ago that, surprisingly, has never caused me any problems when I wear it in public. I'm not a religious person in the least, and I have no problem at all with people who are religious. Unless, that is, they get all up in my face and preachy. That I have issues with. Anyhow, Daron Malakian of System of a Down, said something during a concert once that made me say "I have to make a shirt saying that!". And I did. Here it is:



Basically, the religion isn't the problem, but the overly fanatical people are. On the back of the shirt, I put a picture of Daron in a priest collar. I didn't take a picture of the back of my shirt, but here's the same picture I just found online.



A bit much, maybe, but the back of the shirt just felt naked and lonely. Plus, it just worked so well!

Anyhow, as far as knitting goes, I decided to make some dishcloths and cloths I can use to wipe Little Monkey after his meals. Here are a couple I recently made, as well as a picture of the (insanely ugly) "drip catcher" I was making to lay along my dishrack.



I really love the ballband pattern, and actually made a cloth last night using it, and I have another on the needles right now. I don't think I was picking up stitches on the log cabin cloth properly. It's not terrible, but it looks a little wonky.

I suppose that's about it, but I wanted to mention something that's been gnawing at me. You know how people say "stranded on a desert island"? Is it not supposed to be deserted island? Am I wrong? A desert island just means it gets very little precipitation. It could be crammed with people. Thirtsy people. But a deserted island, would be an island with no one on it. Which, I thought, is the whole point of the thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deserted island is correct.

Label of the day seen at the hardware store this morning - on a can of "ant control". Not called poison anymore, but "ant control".

"Kills ants dead".

Yup... oxymoron.