tagline text

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Open letter to McDonald's

Dear McDonald's,

I have been watching more American TV lately due to the Olympics. And with this extra American TV watching, I have become very irritated by your thousands of commercials I seem to see each and every day. Sure, you support Olympic athletes - good for you - but do they actually eat your "food"?! I doubt it. Maybe a handful of them. And even then, only sometimes. Otherwise, there's no way they'd be fit enough to make it to the Olympics.

My main complaint to you, though, McDonald's, is your breakfast chicken sandwich. What?! Are you serious? What was the logic there? Hmmmm... I bet we can get people to eat fried chicken on a "buttery tasting" bun first thing in the morning. And if we can do that, and their glycemic levels spike from the grease and completely refined and useless white flour buns of shit, they'll come running back to us only hours later for more of that quick acting glucose love! We'll make our wallets fatter while the customers get fatter and more addicted!

I'm not saying the Egg McMuffin is entirely healthy, but at least it has some sort of nutrition value. And it contains some actual "food" that would take longer to work it's way through your system (at least metabolically... not so much digestively *ahem*) To add a chicken sandwich to a breakfast menu is just... disgusting.

As far as I can see this is only in the States right now, but I'm sure Canada will follow the big dogs soon enough, and yet again the waistbands of our population will balloon that much more.

I have to hand it to you, McDonald's, you sure do know how to keep the people coming back, spending their hard-earned money, and eating your "food" that causes them to need and buy more and more of your toxic crap.

But you're not getting me.

Regards,
jen

0 comments: