tagline text

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nap time post

Alright. I think I have a few minutes to blog. Of course, I had a ton of crap I wanted to mention - my irration by commercials that basically assume we're brainless sheep (though I suppose many of us are), my disgust at how painfully shitty the Valerie Bertinelli book was (not that I expected much, but I couldn't even finish it) - but to be honest, I really want to park my ass on the couch and knit while Little Monkey is napping, so I'll try to keep myself from getting all worked up and wordy.

So, on the needles right now I have a couple piddly things. I'm knitting a little cloth-type thing (using the mason-dixon ballband dishcloth pattern, modified) to put along the edge of my dishrack where the cups like to dribble water all over the counter. I have some socks on the go that I started just after Little Monkey was born - a year and a half ago. I'm also making Bookworm a ribbed lace bolero to wear over a strappy dress to a wedding we'll be attending in a few weeks. For some reason I really enjoyed knitting the bolero the first time around (which was for me, though I'll never wear it), but this time it's boring me. I think it's more the yarn (plain ol' cream) than the pattern, though.

I'm going to finally update my progress bars, and work on making time to post a good rant next time.

0 comments: