tagline text

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Messy Tuesday

Inspired my the mess over at Shan's, and by the ever present mess around me, I've decided to join the Messy Tuesday bloggers.


I suppose we'll start small. This is the top of my buffet.

But Jen, you say, that's not a real mess. Well, maybe it's not catastrophic. It is sad, though, in the fact that pretty much all of the crap piled on there belongs inside the buffet. I'm so lazy that the simple task of undoing one of those [incredibly fiddly] child locks and tossing crap inside is beyond my level of caring. And so the pile grows.

And now we have my dining room table.Again, it could be worse. (And it usually is - trust me) But this is where we eat. When we can find space, that is. I have honestly been known to stand at the kitchen counter to eat because I can only shove things aside enough to make a space or two. Yes, that is a saw handle you see poking out. What? You don't keep your tools on the dining room table? Note the oh-so-lovely crusty bib. It really adds to the ambiance of fine dining, let me tell you. But hey, look! Five bucks! Sweet!

And now, the finale. The bedroom.

You know, there is a bit of an explanation, here. We recently swapped bedrooms with Little Monkey. And in doing this, have lost a lot of storage space. I have yet to reconfigure where things will be stored, which has resulted in a pile of absolute shame on my bedroom floor. Thankfully this is on Mr. Operandi's side, and I can therefore ignore it at will. We no longer have space to put our laundry basket in the closet, which means that when I get behind in laundry, it now overflows all over the room. I really think the archaic (aka: world's ugliest) dresser really adds a nice touch of ugh to the overall effect.

1 comments:

stitchin' girl said...

Your mess is not really all that bad!! I will have to join you and Shan with messy Tuesdays to show what a true mess is :o) I love the color on your shrug!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.